Back in June, I wrote at length about how to reach your goals but I wanted to circle back to this again with a laser focus on fitness goals.
We cannot expect to achieve our healthy lifestyle goals without a plan.
“You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
Let’s Get It Started
Here are three simple steps to reaching your goals.
🏃♀️ Step 1
- Break your big goal down into smaller goals to meet in a shorter period of time.
- Example: lose 5 pounds this month, go to the gym 3x a week for a month.
📝 Step 2
- Break that down even further into what actions you can do TODAY that is possible and doable and will move you towards your smaller goal.
- Write down the EXACT steps you need to take to complete that action.
- big goal = lose 30 pounds,
- small goal = lose 5 pounds + go to gym 3x/week
- steps = get up and move right now, join a gym, hire a trainer, pack a gym bag the night before, drive to the gym right after work, etc…
📅 Step 3
- Schedule those actions into your calendar.
- Example: schedule your gym time, schedule movement breaks throughout your day, plan your meals the day before
🔑 If you schedule your workouts in your calendar, you are going to be more likely to do them.
The key to succeeding with your fitness goals – and any goal really – is to
- identify your goal
- determine the steps needed to reach that goal
- develop a plan of how
- when you will complete those steps
- put that plan in writing
- then hold yourself accountable to your plan
Love these simple steps?
These are some of the exact steps I teach my nutrition and fitness clients. I am all about making fitness and wellness simple and attainable.
Before I go… Not sure the best way to get started? Click on my resources below:
- ⭐ Learn my secrets to remaining consistent on your weight loss journey here
- ⭐ Let’s Kick Toxic Positivity to the Curb Together here
- ⭐ Get fit in 5 min a day here
- ⭐ Grab your FREE 4 Week Fitness Plan here
Or click the image below to learn how to get what you really want in life. Start your journey below!